Monday, September 22, 2008


Imse Vimse Cloth Diaper Liners



These are awesome! Every working mom, trying to do cloth diapers, needs to try these. Diaper liners are a thin film of paper that you place inside the cloth diaper between baby's skin and the dipe. When baby poops, you peel out the liner and flush down the toilet. The poop ends up in the sewer/septic and the diaper goes into the machine. Not only do you keep sticky poop out of your washer, but there is no messy swirling or spraying the diaper in the toilet. Plus, if you are doing the swirl or spray method, you are not using any extra water to flush the liner. In fact, you'll probably save water, since the sprayer takes more water than just one flush.
I prefer the diaper liners made by Imse Vimse. I use the toddler size and cut them in half (I'm not only green, but also frugal!). If I use a liner and baby only pees, I toss the liner into the wash with the diapers. I have successfully washed the liners twice, before they fell apart beyond use. I also skip a liner based on baby's schedule (sometimes it backfires....). If your baby has a pretty set schedule, you can save by not using liners, when you know that baby's probably not going to poop.
I found these liners for $7 for a pack of 100, which I cut in half to be 200 liners. After three months time, I am 3/4 through 1 package of liners. I estimate at that rate, I'll use 6-7 packages by the time baby is potty trained (less if he trains before 2.5 years). That's less than $50 spent to make laundry and cloth diapering much easier. It's well worth it!

You can find Imse Vimse diaper liners at these sites:

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/doublers.htm
http://www.jardinediapers.com/Flushable-Liners-Imse-Vimse-p-72.html

No comments: